Select View


Heritage Trail

Research and notes by Julian Watson

5 1 3 2 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 12

Gallery

Ground floor

14

This guide also works on a smart phone or tablet. Load this page when visiting.

The present church was built 1774 - 1777 to the design of George Gibson on the site of earlier churches. Gibson's design incorporated the tower (1471-1512) of the medieval church.

The chancel, designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield, was added in 1881 when the nave was re-modelled in Victorian style. Major re-ordering took place from 1995.



5

Click/tap the numbers on the plan of the church or churchyard to view each point of interest.


Entrance

15
16

   or download smartphone app

St.Mary the Virgin, Lewisham Lewisham High Street  SE13 6LE

St.Mary the Virgin Lewisham

346 Lewisham High Street

SE13 6LE   020 8690 2682


Contacts

A place of worship for over 1000 years

If you are using this trail while visiting the church please take a few moments to complete the survey below.

The present church was built 1774 - 1777 to the design of George Gibson on the site of earlier churches. Gibson's design incorporated the tower (1471-1512) of the medieval church.  The chancel, designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield, was added in 1881 when the nave was re-modelled in Victorian style.  Extensive re-ordering work started in 1995