Research and notes by Julian Watson
This guide also works on a smart phone or tablet. Load this page when visiting.
The present church was built 1774 - 1777 to the design of George Gibson on the site of earlier churches. Gibson's design incorporated the tower (1471-1512) of the medieval church.
The chancel, designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield, was added in 1881 when the nave was re-modelled in Victorian style. Major re-ordering took place from 1995.
Click/tap the numbers on the plan of the church or churchyard to view each point of interest.
or download smartphone app
St.Mary the Virgin, Lewisham Lewisham High Street SE13 6LE
St.Mary the Virgin Lewisham
346 Lewisham High Street
SE13 6LE 020 8690 2682
Church Interior and Monuments
1 Memorial to Mary Blackshaw
2 Memorial to Joseph Innes
3 Brass and memorial to George Hattecliffe
4 Stained glass windows
5 Tower and Belfry
6 Memorial to Margaret Colfe
7 Rev George Stanhope
8 View of the nave looking West
9 View of the nave looking East
10 Memorial to Ann Petrie
11 Memorial to Margaret Petrie
12 Memorial to Sir Henry Watson Parker
13 The Parker Family & Lewisham House
14 Memorial to John Thackeray
15 St. Peter’s Chapel
16 Memorial to John Parkinson